FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Delivery times may vary during sale periods. Please allow an additional 2-4 business days on top of standard delivery times.READ FULL ARTICLE
What are your Queen's Birthday operating hours?
Our dedicated Kicks Team will be available via live chat and phone between 10:00 am - 5:00 pm AEST on Monday 14th June 2021.
Visit our Contact Us page to connect with the team.READ FULL ARTICLE
What are your End of Season Sale Terms & Conditions?
Offer: Up to 50% Off Selected Styles. Offer is available from 9:00am AEST on 01/06/2021 and is available for a limited time only.
Start shopping here.
Important to note:
- Offer is available online at www.platypusshoes.com.au and in all Australian stores.
- Offer applies to styles found under Sale category online along with in-store equivalent.
- Prices are as marked online.
- Discount will be applied at checkout online and in-store.
- Offer is subject to availability and while stocks last.
- Due to the high volume of demand and if website difficulties are experienced, Platypus Shoes cannot guarantee the availability of stock.
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with other offers, redeemed against prior purchases and is not available on lay-by.
- Offer is not available on the purchase of gift cards/eVouchers.
- Promotion may be extended or changed at Platypus Shoes' discretion.
Please allow additional time for delivery during sale periods and public holidays as delivery times may vary.READ FULL ARTICLE
Are your stores open?
Update: Following recent announcements on the easing of restrictions, our Melbourne stores will effectively reopen on Friday the 11th of June 2021 with safety protocols in place to comply with all Government directives. Please see below for our COVID-safe plan.
To find your closest store, see our Store Locator.
HYGIENE & SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES
To help make our stores safer, we’ve introduced a COVID-safe plan to help us maintain an appropriate distance from each other while in our stores. We will review and adapt these in-store measures as the environment evolves.
1. Mandatory QR code check-in (Victoria only)
In line with direction from the Victorian Government, you’ll be required to check-in using a QR code on the Service Victoria app. Our stores will have signage displayed at the shop front. Regional store requirements: Customers are required to show ID before entering the store in accordance with government directives.
2. Mandatory face coverings in-store (Victoria only)
Wearing a fitted face mask is mandatory in all indoor settings, including when shopping in-store.
3. Introduce a limit to the number of customers in-store at any given time
Our stores will have signage displayed with the max capacity allowed in-store at any one time. If the store has reached capacity, the number of customers will be managed using a one in, one out policy. Shopping centres may also introduce capacity limits so we strongly advise checking on their websites before heading in.
4. Maintain 1.5 metres apart from each other where possible
Social distancing tape will be placed around our floors and seating areas. These can be found throughout the store as reminders, as well as areas where you may be required to queue.
5. Use EFTPOS/Paywave/Tap n Go services available
We strongly encourage you to use your card or phone to tap and pay instead of cash, whenever possible.
6. Use sanitisation station upon entering the store
A team member will be at the entry door to offer hand sanitiser which all customers will be required to use before entering the store.
7. Regular cleaning routines throughout the entire store
We apply the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene across our stores. We have increased the routine cleaning of frequently touched hard surfaces.
8. Remove and put on your own footwear
Our team will still be available to assist you with any sizing questions you may have, however they will maintain 1.5-metre distance to comply with social distancing. Our stores will have disposable try on socks and gloves available for customers.
9. Training for team members on social distancing and additional hygiene measures
All of our team members will be required to complete a training course.
Thank you for playing your part in helping us practise social distancing. We appreciate your continued support as we work through this together.
We hope to see you in-store or online soon.
Team Platypus Shoes.READ FULL ARTICLE
How long does delivery take?
Just placed an order? Here's when to expect your delivery:
ORDER OVER $130
ORDER UNDER $130
Australian Metropolitan Areas
1-3 business days
FREE EXPRESS DELIVERY
Australian Rural Areas
4-7 business days
FREE EXPRESS DELIVERY
Due to the increased impact of COVID-19, we are experiencing further delays in delivery times. In light of this, please anticipate a delay of 2 - 4 business days on top of our standard delivery times of 1 - 3 business days for metro areas and 4 -7 business days for rural areas. More information here.
Important to note:
1. Delivery times may vary during peak sale periods. Please allow an additional 2-4 business days on top of standard delivery times.
2. Delivery services do not run on National or State Public Holidays. Please refer to Australia Post for more information.
3. Shipping times are a guideline only and cannot be guaranteed based on possible courier delivery issues, or any other unforeseen or unavoidable external events (such as severe weather conditions) beyond the control of Platypus Shoes.
4. Australia Post has implemented strict cleanliness and social distancing measures to ensure safe deliveries for their customers and team. For more information, please click here.
Need help tracking your order? Click here.READ FULL ARTICLE
Can I cancel my order?
During working hours, please get in touch with the Kicks Team via Live Chat or call on 1800 820 851 and press option 2 once prompted. They'll do their best to try and cancel for you, however, due to the nature of quick turnaround times for our orders, we cannot guarantee this.
If outside of working hours, please lodge an enquiry via Email.
We take pride in our fast delivery which means that most orders are packed and dispatched within a short amount of time.
However, there is a small window from the time you place the order to the point it is ready to be shipped that we can try and cancel for you.
Important to note: If your order has already been shipped then we are unable to make any changes. Once you receive your item(s), you can return them in accordance with our Returns Policy.READ FULL ARTICLE
How do I book a return?
Please view our Online Return Policy before submitting a return.
- Log in to My Account to create your return. If you checked out as a guest, use our guest returns form here
- Enter your order number & its associated email address.
Note: If your order was split into two parts, then you would have received two order numbers (ending with _1 & _2). They must be returned separately in the portal as they're recognised as unique order numbers
- Select the item(s) you would like to return by checking the relevant boxes. Confirm the return reason for each item
- Ensure your details are correct before clicking ‘next’
- Proceed to pay for your return postage via credit card
- Click 'pay now' and your prepaid return postage label will be emailed to you
- Print off your label and attach it to the package (Do not attach this label directly to the shoebox. The shoebox must be protected in a satchel or packaging)
- Don’t have a printer? No worries. Click here to find your closest Post Office that offers printing services
- Drop off your parcel at your nearest Post Office.
Good to know: Can’t remember your order number? Pop in your email address and it’ll bring up all associated order numbers.
If your order was split and you need to return more than one item, please get in contact with our Kicks Team. We'll advise the next steps.
Please note: We reserve the right to reject any returns that do not meet these requirements.
Shoes must be returned in their original, undamaged shoebox.
All online returns must be dropped off at your local post office. We do not accept direct returns to the warehouse.
Cost of Returns
Returns shipping is a flat fee of $10 paid for in the Returns Portal. Any returned item(s) are your property and remain your responsibility until they reach our warehouse.
If you would like to avoid return postage fees, you are welcome to visit one of our stores and return or exchange your shoes in person. Please note that we cannot facilitate Paypal refunds in store.
Please allow time for your return to reach our warehouse. This time may vary depending on your location. We recommend holding onto your Australia Post return tracking number so you can track when it reaches us.
If approved, refunds are processed by our returns warehouse within 2-3 business days.
Once processed, the refund will show in your account within 2-5 business days, depending on your financial institution.READ FULL ARTICLE
What is your latest Returns Policy for online purchases?
Please note that this policy applies to online purchases only. Please see our In-store Returns Policy for more information on purchases made in-store.
We're constantly checking Government updates and directives, so if an area, city or state lockdown impacts your ability to return your item, don't worry! Our 30 day returns policy remains, but we won't count the days that stores and/or post offices are closed.
Need to return your items? We want you to be completely satisfied with our products and we will gladly accept returns within 30 days of receipt where the products are in new, unworn with tags attached and in their original packaging.
3 simple conditions for a successful return
RETURNED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE
ITEM(S) ARE UNWORN & UNDAMAGED
IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING AND CONDITION
Item(s) were purchased in the last 30 days and proof of purchase can be provided.
Item(s) must be unworn, unwashed, or otherwise undamaged with original tags attached
Item(s) are in original packaging or shoebox in their original condition
Shoes must be returned in their original, undamaged shoebox. Returns cannot be sent with the shoebox taped up, written on or exposed. Please use either the original postage bag or an inside-out plastic shopping bag to protect the shoebox during transit. *
*We reserve the right to reject any returns that do not meet these requirements.
Important to note: Please note that orders returned online will be issued a full refund only. If you'd like to exchange online, please place a new order and return your existing item for a refund.
CREDIT CARD PURCHASES PAYPAL PURCHASES AFTERPAY PURCHASES RETURN ONLINE Refund Available Refund Available Refund Available RETURN IN STORE Exchange, store credit or refund available. No refund available.
Exchange available for size only.
Cost of returns
The returns shipping fee is $10 paid for in the Returns Portal. Any returned item(s) are your property and remain your responsibility until they reach our warehouse.
If you would like to avoid return postage fees, you are welcome to visit one of our stores and return or exchange your shoes in person. Please note that we cannot facilitate Paypal refunds in store. All online returns must be lodged through our Returns portal here.
Please note that all online returns must be dropped off at your local post office. We do not accept direct returns to the warehouse.
Once you have dropped your parcel off at the Post Office, please allow some time for your item to reach our warehouse. Please hold onto your Australia Post return tracking number so you can track your order and see when it reaches us.
Upon receipt, a returned item will be processed by our returns warehouse within 2-3 business days.
Once processed, the refund will show in your account within 2-5 business days, depending on your financial institution.
Please allow an additional 1-2 business days for refund processing over sales periods and public holidays.
If you believe your online purchase arrived with a manufacturing fault, or you received something different to your original order, we'll be happy to cover the cost of the return.READ FULL ARTICLE
I can't return my order because it's 'Processing'?
We apologise - we are experiencing a technical glitch that means orders get stuck in the "Processing" stage in our system despite being completed.
If you are experiencing problems with creating a return label because of this issue, please get in contact with our Kicks Team and we'll be able to help you out.
Please remember to include the below information when contacting our team as it helps to speed up the process:
- Order confirmation
- Item(s) you are wanting to return.